Camp in a picturesque setting overlooking beautiful Twilight beach. Only accessible on foot and with minimal facilities, this is the spot for those seeking a true wilderness experience.
A perfect place for fishing, walking, relaxing, or as a stop off point for hikers embarking on the stunning Te Paki Coastal Track.
Tracks & walks
Before setting out contact the DOC Kaitaia office for an update on the condition of the tracks.
Pandora forms part of the Te Paki Coastal Track. This stunning 3-4 day tramp follows the dramatic coastline of the east and west, and traverses a variety of beautiful and unique landforms including giant sand dunes. It offers spectacular views and also accesses areas of historic and archaeological interest. Self- sufficient camping is available.
Know before you go
- Mosquitoes prolific – take insect repellent.
- Always thoroughly clean your equipment (cars / shoes / camping gear etc.) before and after trips to minimise spreading invasive pests, weeds, and diseases.
- Water from tap is rainwater, so the available water supply is subject to rainfall
- No fires at any time. ‘Contained flame’ (gas) barbeques and cookers are fine, but not open flames or fires.
- No fireworks at any time.
- No domestic animals permitted in campground.
- No rubbish bins on site. Please remove your rubbish. ‘Take in, take out’ policy. Food scraps attract vermin.
- Nearest rubbish transfer station is at Houhora.